The ECCOPS project – Education for Citizenship Competence fort Partecipation and Sustainability is funded by the European Commission, under the Erasmus + 2021-2027 Program and it is carried out in collaboration between three partners: Inspectoratul Scolar Judetean Buzau (Romania), UCIIM – Unione Cattolica Italiana Insegnanti Medi (Italia) e Universidad de La Laguna (Spagna). The project lasts 22 months: from December 1st 2021 to October 1 2023.
The project’s aim is to promote the essential competences for an active and responsible citizenship in young people by a special program of teacher training, that will develop some strategies and innovative tools for an high quality level of civic education teaching in high schools, highlighting the European dimension and facilitating the inclusion, the participation, and the sustainable development.
This project will:
- examine in depth the teaching dynamics of civic education and citizenship;
- develop adequate working tools for teaching and learning: in the partners countries we will organize some training courses for high school teachers in the field of civic education and sustainable development (12 hours webinars); we will also edit a working guide (toolkit) in 4 languages (English, Italian, Romanian and Spanish) and some teaching materials to be tested among the pupils of partners countries (13 hours of work in classroom) ;
- promote an active attitude in the students with learning strategies centered on them and attentive to their individual needs;
- pay attention to the content dimensions, cognitive dimension (knowledge, reasoning, application) and affective-behavioral dimension in especially for citizenship competences;
- promote the civic participation and the taking of responsability in youth by encouraging forms of representation in own school and community;
- reinforce the teaching quality for civic education and active citizenship by the international cooperation.
The project will involve some schools with a pilot course for students to be activated since December 2022. The didactic action will be tied to sustainable development and active citizenship topics and will follow the methodological strategies and the evaluation and auto-evaluation forms agreed between the three partners in the toolkit. The work into the classes will be reciprocally monitored according to shared criteria.